Thursday, April 30, 2015

Reflection from Pashia Wickliffe - Red Bank Day 4 at Red Bank


I began my fourth day of teaching more confident than I had been all week. During the past few days, I have had the rare opportunity to observe Dr. Karp and Dr. Brown teaching and working with young students. Seeing these two math experts teach has been great. I have been able to learn great strategies that I will be able to use while teaching mathematics to young children. Also, the support that has been given throughout the week from my professors and my peers has provided a boost in my confidence. It is great to know that so many people believe in my teaching abilities and want to see me succeed in my passion.

Today, my lesson that I taught involved place value. Both of my classes full of 8, 9, and 10 year olds excelled in using base ten materials to represent multiple numbers. These children value their education and love to learn. I look forward to going to Red Bank  every morning to see all of the children!

Pashia Wickliffe

No comments:

Post a Comment